Benefits of Being a Small Minority/Woman/Veteran Owned Business
Being an entrepreneur can be challenging. Even if you are skilled in providing the particular product or service that you offer, there are so many other areas of concern that must be addressed when running a business. For minorities, women, and veterans, the challenges can be even greater. However, there is hope! Our nation has acknowledged the benefit of supporting diversity in business. Now, more than ever, minorities, women, and veterans are building enterprises that champion these benefits. That is why the State of Florida offers special aid to support these organizations. Here are just a few perks:
- As a small minority, woman, or veteran owned business (SMWVOB) that is certified by the State, you are in the first tier of businesses that are referred to state agencies looking to meet their diversity goals and objectives;
- The Office of Supplier Diversity highlights new certified SMWVOBs on its home page;
- The Certified Business Enterprise Vendor Directory lists certified SMWVOBs exclusively. This is a directory that is used by state agencies looking for vendors that will help diversify their vendor dollars. This helps move SMWVOBs to the forefront;
- Special emails are sent to all certified SMWVOBs in the State’s database that notify vendors of business opportunities and contract/bid prospects;
- The Vendor in the Spotlight Program gives SMWVOBs the opportunity to present their companies’ services directly to the State agencies. Certified vendors make presentations at the bi-monthly Diversity Working Group Meetings allowing SMWVOBs the chance to meet the decision-makers and demonstrate how their products or services can benefit the agency.
If you are a small minority, woman, or veteran-owned business, make sure to get certified with the State today. Click here to learn more about State certification requirements and how you can start offering your goods and services to new agencies in your community!